LEGAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
To provide legal advice to the Ministry and its stakeholders.
The Department undertakes to: –
- Monitor the adherence to all legal instruments governing operation of the Ministry on a monthly basis;
- Solicit and coordinate bi and multi-lateral cooperation agreements between the Ministry and relevant organisations and Stats through annual Joint Implementation Committee meetings in line with standard procedure;
- To provide sound legal advice to the Ministry and its stakeholders;
- To attend to policy formulation in relation to legislation under the Ministry’s jurisdiction;
- To examine legal processes and identify issues for court processes;
- Drafting various legal documents that will positively impact the overall wellbeing of the Ministry;
- To facilitate provision of effective legal representation for the Ministry in national and international matters;
- To examine and draft Ministry contracts and advise on the legal implications of such contracts thereof;
- To assist in the conduct of disciplinary matters;
- Drafting of statutory instruments and Bills;
- To attend Court cases with law officers from the A-Gs office on behalf of the Ministry;
- To attend Parliament on Bills affecting the Ministry and to advise thereon and Vetting of bilateral agreements, bill and Memoranda of Understanding on behalf of the Ministry.