* Formulates examination policies, regulations and procedures.
* Coordinates and manages all examination processes from registration of candidates to the release of examination results.
Standards Development and Quality Assurance (SDQA)
Approved HEXCO Courses
Approved HEXCO Centres
CRITERIA FOR THE REGISTRATION OF NON-GOVERNMENT VOCATIONAL OR TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTITUTIONS
In terms of the Manpower Planning and Development Act (Chapter 28: 02) and Statutory Instruments No. 333 of 1996 and No. 26 of 2001, the under-listed requirements should be fulfilled before an inspection for registration purposes is conducted:
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
1. Letter of Intent
specifying the proposed name of institution, area(s) of training and their levels – e.g. NC in Business Studies.
2. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM (MPD 1) AND PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE
Payment of $2 000 000.00 non-refundable application and inspections fee in cash or by bank-certified cheque made payable to “The Secretary for Higher and Tertiary Education”
3. Letter of Authority from Local Municipality/Authority answering the following questions clearly:
. Is permission granted for the proposed site to be used for the conduct of intended training?
. Are Safety and Health requirements to the satisfaction of the Authority?
. What does the Authority consider to be the maximum number of students to be on the premises at any given time?
NB: The original letter of authority is required (not a copy thereof)
4. Lease of Availability/Title Deeds for premises to accommodate the proposed training institution.
Where premises are rented, a lease agreement of at least 2 years and is renewable will be required.
5. Proof of Availability of Financial Resources for the Venture
in the form of Written Confirmation from a Registered Financial Institution or approved guarantor of the financial strength of applicant at time of applying. An applicant ought to have sufficient funds on standby at any given time to cover the re-funding of students’ fees should the institution be required to close at short notice.
6. Administrative Information Covering the under-listed details:
. Proposed administrative structure and procedures in dealing with staff, student queries, re-fund and disciplinary issues
. List of proposed training programmes, Examining/Certificating Body (copies of Syllabi should be submitted where courses are
not examined by HEXCO)
. Compliance with provisions of the Factories and Works Act (Chapter 14:08) where any form of machine or equipment shall be
used during training.
7. Qualifications and Experience of Trainers and Administrator(s) as follows:
. Certified copies of relevant qualifications of proposed trainers and the administrato(s)r
. Up -to-date Curriculum Vitae for each proposed trainer, and the administrator.
After meeting all the requirements for registration, the applicant shall be required to pay $500 000.00 Registration fee and a Certificate of
Registration thereafter issued. For registration as an Examination Centre, thereafter, applications should be directed to the National
Examinations Office in Harare
8. All registered institutions shall pay an annual licence renewable fee of $1 500 000.00 by 31st January of each year.
1st Floor G Block & 2nd Floor F Block,
New Government Office Complex
Corner: Samora Machel Ave/Fourth Street
ZIMBABWE MINISTRY OF HIGHER & TERTIARY EDUCATION
Directorate of Standards Development and Quality Assurance
Private Bag 7711 Causeway
Private College Registration
Curriculum Implementation Monitoring & College Accreditations
Ministry of Higher & Tertiary Education
Private Bag 7711
Telephone: 263-4-796441-9 or 795891-9 or 730055-9
E-mail addresses: [ email@example.com] or [ firstname.lastname@example.org]